We are always looking for qualified experienced trades people and would welcome you’re CV if you are interested.
Gas Engineer – Breakdown & Servicing
40 hours per week, 20 days holidays plus bank holidays, van, van-stock and uniform provided.
At Ashley & McDonough, our people are our greatest strength, and engineers are the most visible aspect of our business, dealing face to face with customers every day.
Engineers help to drive our business forward, so we are keen to attract motivated and enthusiastic recruits, wanting to work for a small, friendly and dynamic gas contractor.
We have a position for fully qualified ACS Gas Engineer with diagnostics skills required to undertake gas breakdown and servicing in Merseyside area. You must have experience of an extensive range of domestic gas boilers and able to achieve a high first-time-fix.
- Minimum Qualifications required CCN1, CEN1, CPA1, WAT1, HTR1, CKR1
- Proven Extensive fault finding experience on a wide range of boilers
- Good understanding of electrical controls and circuits, ie, Y plans, S plans
- Plan and schedule work appropriately and keep to appointments
- Goes beyond what is expected to get results
- Demonstrate an awareness of costing boiler parts to maximise financial performance of contract
- Keep focused on achieving a high first time fix rate
- Have the right attitude towards the contract, who takes pride in their work and who become disappointed if they get a re-attend on a job
- Monitor and reports on healthy and safety issues
- Pro-active in sourcing parts as soon as possible at best price
- Represent Ashley & McDonough in a professional and respectful manner
- Customer Focused
Electrical Testers and Installation Electricians
£28,000 to £30,000, Full time
This is an opportunity to join a specialist M&E provider with a reputation for delivering excellent levels of service. Established over 50 years this company works predominately for the social housing and commercial sectors, providing a full range of gas, electrical, mechanical maintenance, installation and repair services.
Their people are their greatest strength, and engineers are the most visible aspect of the business, dealing face to face with customers every day. Engineers help to drive their business forward, so they are keen to attract motivated and enthusiastic recruits, wanting to work for a friendly and dynamic contractor.
Offering excellent rates of pay, they supply all equipment including the van, stock and a uniform
- Excellent rates of pay
- Carrying out electrical periodic inspection and testing work in domestic properties
- Completing minor remedial works if required
- Based in the Manchester and Merseyside areas
- Producing accurate NICEIC reports to be QS’d by their Technical Manager
- Working closely with the Technical Manager and Administrative Team
- 20 days holiday per year
- A recognised electrical qualification, preferably as a time served Tester
- City & Guilds 2391 or City Guilds 2377
- 17th Edition, NVQ Level 3, ECS card
- Although not essential having the following qualifications would be advantageous: Asbestos Awareness, Working at Height, PASMA, IPAF
- A proven ability to work in a safe manner in accordance with company policies and safety legislation
- In addition candidates must have the dedication to keep up to date with current legislation and undertake any training as required.
- Deliver a consistent, right first time approach
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Work well within a team and equally alone with minimal supervision
- Organise EICR certificates and accurately complete (PDA) reports, paperwork and maintain stock levels for efficient working
- Demonstrate a good degree of technical knowledge and experience
- Work efficiently to carry out the daily jobs volume.
The Accounts Administration Apprentice will be fully trained to support our Accounts department in processing our company’s bank account records at our site in Prescot. It will suit someone who has an interest in accounts and good attention to detail.
Learn more here.